Friday, January 20, 2006

Layin' low

Well, I haven't been very good about posting lately, so I guess I better work on that. It's been kind of a hard month so far. Monday was really nice, though... spent the day with my mom and great-aunt (grandma's sister and oldest friend) and another aunt. We chatted, had lunch, shopped, had appetizers and dessert, and chatted some more. It was great to be able to spend some time together; of course, we missed grandma, as she was always a part of these excursions. I still can't believe she's really gone. I don't think it's really, truly hit me yet.

Luckily this weekend I'm getting out of town for a couple of days to see some of my closest friends. One of them, Susie, was my college roommate. The other, Mike, is the father of a guy I dated in college. He was like our surrogate dad while we were in school, and has become very close to my family. He's so awesome... he's 69 years old and he's built like a brick shit house! The guy is huge... he's always been into working out and lifting weights, etc., but lately he's been having some health problems so it'll be really nice to see him.

Susie is a riot... she's just a little wacky but that's why I love her so much! The chick is seriously funny, and we always laugh a lot. Sadly, we can even have a good time watching "Dynasty" re-runs-- now that's a good friend. She's been battling a bipolar disorder for close to 15 years now, and she's doing a lot better than she was at one point in time. She got her Master's Degree a year ago and now she's teaching English as a second language, which she loves, so it's always great to see how far she's come. I can't wait to see both of them!

On another note, I started Bikram yoga this week. The second night was actually harder than the first, but I loved it! I'll be going back this weekend. I never thought yoga could be such a good work out, but it pretty much kicked my ass! I also started my two classes (psychology and advanced writing) so after this semester I'll only need one more to graduate! I cannot fucking wait to be done! I'm even considering pursuing a Master's in the next year or two, but we'll see.

Work is getting busier as well so I guess that's a good thing... it definitely makes the time go faster. Somewhere in there I also need to finish my real estate continuing ed and also plan a shower for my future sister-in-law... the wedding's only 3 months away! It's always good to have something to look forward to, right??

So I'll be up in the northwoods of Wisconsin, staying at a dive hotel and drinking Leinie's for most of the weekend. Have a good one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home