Monday, January 30, 2006

75 Things (Because I'm just not interesting enough to have 100)

Since I'm somewhat computer illiterate as well as new to this whole blogging thing, I can't figure out how the hell to post this as a sidebar. Anyone, anyone? Bueller? Any help would be appreciated! Anyway, here goes...

1. I have four younger brothers... I'm the oldest and the only girl. And my brothers rock the casbah.
2. I am a total dog freak. Up until recently, I had a German Shepherd and a Cocker Spaniel. I had to put my shepherd to sleep two weeks ago. She was a sweet, beautiful girl.
3. I played women's varsity fast pitch softball in college. I was a pitcher.
4. I'm mostly Irish, Polish, Swedish/Danish, and French. In other words, kind of a mutt.
5. I can touch my nose with my tongue.
6. I love accessories... purses and jewelry are my weaknesses.
7. I have battled depression for the last 12 years.
8. I've had several works of fiction published in regional literary journals.
9. Ketchup is the one condiment I could never live without. I even like it on bacon.
10. My parents are two of my best friends.
11. I have been truly in love twice in my life.
12. Turquoise is my favorite color.
13. I'm a very fast reader... unless the book sucks. Then I just quit reading it.
14. Everyone has always told me that I should be a teacher and a coach.
15. I have lived in Minnesota my whole life, except for four years of college in Wisconsin, and that doesn't really count.
16. I love to travel and I'm always ready to see someplace new, but Minnesota will always be home to me.
17. Insincere people piss me off.
18. I don't like drama.
19. I really wish I could sing.
20. I miss my dog terribly when I go out of town.
21. Frogs and toads creep me out. I'd never hurt one of the little guys but I prefer that they stay FAR away from me.
22. I've been semi-stalked twice by ex-boyfriends.
23. I'm usually too trusting.
24. I was raised Catholic but I don't necessarily agree with all the teachings of the Catholic Church.
25. I don't usually go to church, but I pray daily.
26. I also swear a lot.
27. I'm still working on my bachelor's degree- three classes to go!!
28. I'm a licensed real estate agent, but I'm not currently working in that industry.
29. I've owned investment property in the past and discovered that I'm not enough of a hard ass to be a good landlord.
30. I can't wait to have children and be a mom sometime soon. I hope and pray that I'll be able to.
31. I'm a Libra.
32. I hate coffee.
33. I'm not very punctual, but I'm working on it.
34. I love entertaining guests.
35. My house was built in 1903 and it was completely restored by the previous owners.
36. We looked at 35 other houses before finding our current home.
37. I grew up in the suburbs, and now I LOVE living in the city of St. Paul.
38. I grew up in a hockey family. My dad is almost 62 and still plays twice a week, as do two of my brothers.
39. I don't know nearly as much about the game of hockey as I should.
40. I used to be very competitive, but I've chilled out a lot in the last ten years.
41. I've always been a good sport, though. I can't stand sore losers.
42. I've been married for a year and a half.
43. I have another great love of my life that I still think about every single day.
44. I would rather read a good book than watch TV or a movie.
45. I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up.
46. I like girlfriends that act like guys... no gossip, no drama, no bullshit.(okay, maybe just a little gossip ;)
47. If I was just starting college, I'd consider becoming a veterinarian (even though I hate math and science).
48. I'm very non-confrontational. Conflict makes me uncomfortable.
49. But if you talk trash about my family or friends, I WILL defend them to the end.
50. I work in financial services at an art school.
51. In the words of my dad, I believe that eating is one of the great pleasures in life.
52. I'm a night owl.
53. And it's hard for me to get up in the morning.
54. I'm very diplomatic (it's that Libra thing).
55. When I was a kid my eyes were blue, but now they're green.
56. I consider myself to be a creative person.
57. I've been told that I'm low maintenance.
58. I'm a diehard bargain shopper, but I don't mind paying full price for quality products.
59. I think the reality shows on MTV are so bad they make me crazy!
60. I'm becoming a BIG fan of Bikram yoga.
61. I would love to visit Africa someday... but I'm not sure which countries yet.
62. I am a sucker for tropical vacations.
63. I love big, solid, masculine men with dark hair and eyes.
64. But blue eyes are a close second.
65. For some reason I have dated a lot of older men (8+ years) in my life.
66. And no, I don't have any daddy issues. My dad rocks.
67. I'm a big Elvis fan.
68. But I thought Graceland was totally cheesy.
69. I like to go to Gopher hockey games more than Wild games.
70. Although I'm not really into many pro sports.
71. I would love to work at an animal shelter.
72. I believe in Heaven.
73. I used to have my belly button pierced.
74. I have two tatoos.
75. Spring is my favorite season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home