Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Sweaty scary

So I finally shaved my legs this morning, and let me tell you, folks, it wasn't pretty. I tend to let the leg hair go a bit in the winter months, so it's always a fun project to finally shave. And did I mention that I'm a hairy bastard? It's that bit of eastern European heritage. Thanks, dad!

I have yoga tonight and I decided that since I'm spending 90 minutes in 105 degree heat it would probably make more sense to wear shorts and not long workout pants, thus necessitating hair-free legs. But on the other hand, I didn't wash my hair today precisely because I will be sweating buckets later so why wash my hair when it will only be nasty later on? Is that gross? My hair is thick so I usually wash it every other day, something that some of my fine haired friends find very wrong. But it dries my hair out if I wash it and blow dry it too much. And there's no way you can get a comb through it without conditioner. My brothers generally refer to nasty women as "Sweaty Scaries," and I definitely don't want to fall into that category on a regular basis. Sure, I'll be a scrub on the weekend but I don't want to leave any grease marks on the pillow, ya know?

The freshly mowed legs did, however, inspire me to purchase an awesome bikini today at Tar-get Boutique. My friend Renee and I are planning a little getaway somewhere warm next month... hopefully Phoenix to visit one of her friends. Hubby and I had originally planned to go to Cabo San Lucas with another couple of close friends but it's just too expensive and I can't justify spending $4K on a trip right now. We went to London and Ireland last year for our first anniversary and that cost a pretty penny; the year before that we went to Jamaica for 10 days for our honeymoon. This summer we went to Toronto for a wedding and then I went out East this fall to visit my friend Susie. Before that we went to Cancun and New York, so travel has been pretty plentiful. We're not broke or anything, but we're not exactly big pimpin', either, so cheap travel is the way to go right now. He'll probably do a golf trip with some buddies when I go with Renee. Either way, we'll get some sun in before the winter is over! And I also just found out that Erin and Pete are getting married in Vegas instead of out East, so that's another little getaway to look forward to in the fall. I'm the matron of honor, so I'm definitely required to be there... perhaps a few days early for some "girls only" time!

I went to my second counseling appointment last night and I think I like the guy. I wasn't sure after the first appointment... it's just so much bullshit to wade through to get someone up to speed and tell all the Jerry Springer details of how you've gotten to where you are now, blah, blah, blah. But I think he's cool. He seems to have ideas and direction, unlike some who just sit there and nod their heads and say, "Mmm-hmm... yes... really?" I haven't seen a psychologist for several years, and I've never really developed a long term thing with any of the ones I've visited. It's not a bad idea, though, and I know plenty of people who go on a regular basis. Right now I'm not battling depression, it's more of a relationship thing and how I'm feeling about that. Don't get me wrong, Hubby is great; I'm the one who's fucked up... at least I think I am. It's complicated when the heart is involved. I'm hoping this will help.

On another note, I didn't realize that my comments were set to require users to register before commenting... that has been changed! So dammit, people... leave me a comment! Okay, off to sweat my ass off at yoga... happy trails!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home