Thursday, February 02, 2006

Look into my crystal ball...

As I mentioned last week, I went to visit a psychic on Monday… and it was pretty amazing. Now, let me just preface this by saying that I’m not a person who has ever really been into the whole mystic scene; in fact, I don’t even read my horoscope daily. However, I do find it interesting, and after hearing about this woman from my future sister-in-law, I decided to give her a call.

First of all, she sounded very nice and normal on the phone and she was booked out through April. April. And she only gets clients through word of mouth. Luckily for me, she had one cancellation so I was able to get in this week.

She lives in a townhome and operates out of her house. She’s married with two kids and a sweet little dog. She just seemed like a nice mom-type lady. She’s also very spiritual and believes in God and angel guides, but is not over-the-top religious, which was fine by me.
I felt comfortable with her right away. We started with an angel card reading and then moved on to more personal things. She didn’t ask any questions about my life AT ALL before we started, so she knew nothing about me.

She told me that she could see a mother type figure but not my mother… possibly my mother’s mother? Check. She said she was so happy to see me and told her that I had been her “special” one. Check. She said that my grandmother was a beautiful lady who had been very particular about her hair and had it styled regularly. Check. She said that grandma had some kind of cancer and then motioned to her mid-section… was it in this area? Yes, I said, kidney. Check. She said that my grandmother knew she would die more quickly than everyone thought and was this correct? Check. She didn’t want anyone to fuss or worry over her so she didn’t speak about it much. Check. She said that my mom would be fine and that my mother had been gradually preparing herself for my grandmother’s death and letting go little by little, even though it had been a quick illness of less than a year. Check (my mom had told me this same thing almost verbatim. Crazy.).Then, what really got me was when she said “Your grandmother thanks you for the spoken word. She said that it was just beautiful and from the heart.” I was stunned. How would she have known that I’d done a eulogy? I've never before done any public speaking, and usually break out in a cold sweat when I have to speak to a crowd. I had goosebumps, not to mention tears when she told me this. I know that some of it may sound generalized but there were enough specific details that she couldn’t possibly just guess, so I do believe she has some type of psychic power.

She also had a lot to say about my marriage and the other love I just can’t seem to forget, very specific, concrete things that gave me the chills. It was bizarre, but not in a creepy way… it was bizarre in a good, amazing way. I’m not saying that I believe everything she told me is the complete truth and totally accurate, because it wasn’t; however, it was impressive enough that I would definitely go back to see her again. She tape records the whole thing as well (90 minutes!) so you can take it with you and listen to it again.

She had a lot more to say about my grandma, my husband, my love, my career, children, and the future in general. It was a really great experience, and I’m glad I went. Again, I won’t be planning my life around this reading, but it was pretty damn cool. If anyone lives in the Twin Cities area and wants her info, just shoot me an email and I’d be glad to give you her number.

Now, go cleanse your aura!

1 Comments:

At February 03, 2006 12:32 PM, Blogger A said...

Wow. These kinds of stories always freaks me out, because how would she know that stuff?

But believing in it doesn't jive with my cynical view of psychics.

Dunno. It's a toughie. But I can just imagine the chills you got!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home