Monday, February 13, 2006

My Girl


How can you resist that little face?? (If you're not an animal lover, stop reading now... boring post ahead about how wonderful my dog is!)
Isn't it amazing how our pets can always make us feel better? This is my girl, and she is very loved and VERY spoiled! I adopted her from a shelter in October of 2002, and she is pretty much my number one fan. I've heard that happens often with shelter animals, that they bond very strongly with whoever adopts them.

I still don't understand why anyone gave her up. The info at the shelter said that she wasn't housebroken and didn't listen... neither of which was true. I've never had one issue with her potty training or basic commands. When I saw her the first time her hair was so long and mangy that she didn't even look like a Cocker Spaniel... plus, she was only 19 lbs (which is almost 20% underweight for her) and she had an ear infection and a respiratory infection... she even snotted when she sneezed! Poor girl! She is truly the most affectionate, loving little dog. She gets a little freaked out by strange men once in a while (I'm pretty certain she was mistreated and neglected in her former life) but always warms up to people easily. I've never been a little dog person (I had a German Shepherd as well) but now I'm a BIG fan. I'd get another in a heartbeat.

She's also a close talker. She loves to be on your lap, and wants you to know she's there. If nothing else, there's always a paw on my leg or her head resting on some part of my body. How can I not spoil her?? I think the next purchase will be the hot pink leather collar with silver studs that I saw at Petco yesterday. What the hell... she deserves it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home